7.29.2004

HOPE FOR THE FUTURE

I'm watching Kerry take the stage at the Democratic National Convention live on TV at my desk, and I hope with all my being that some semblance of normalcy may yet be restored to the nation and the world. I'm watching the hopeful faces of the delegates on the convention floor -- they are black, white, Hispanic and Native American; they are young, old, gay and straight; they are Jewish, Catholic, Muslim and agnostic.

I have a hope for the future that someone listens to the hopes and expectations of an American people who still believe in equality, in civil rights, in civil spirit and honesty in our elected leaders.

My hope is that we will continue to evolve as human beings and strive for a world free of the horrors of war, poverty, famine and corruption.

This is my silent prayer, as I watch Kerry begin his speech.

I still believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home