6.02.2004

RATIONAL AND RELIGIOUS

One has to admire the level-headedness of the Rev. Andrew Greeley, named by The Nation as "one of America's most prominent Catholic thinkers."

Writer John Nichols quotes the priest as follows:

"I subscribe to the consistent ethic of life that the late Joseph Cardinal Bernardin enunciated some years ago. I believe abortion is wrong. I believe the death penalty is wrong. I believe preemptive war is wrong. I will take seriously the 'pro-life' enthusiasts when they are ready to protest against and denounce the death penalty. I will take them seriously when they also denounce criminally unjust wars."

Reasonable and religious, Greeley serves as an example of how to be both.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chicarita said...

Though I agree with your post, I actually just wanted to tell you the last picture on your flog is mystically beautiful. I'd have posted there, but it said you'd exceeded your posts.

Great shot.

June 2, 2004 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger B-Dawg said...

Thanks! http://www.fotolog.net/bdawg

June 3, 2004 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home