6.02.2004

RATIONAL AND RELIGIOUS

One has to admire the level-headedness of the Rev. Andrew Greeley, named by The Nation as "one of America's most prominent Catholic thinkers."

Writer John Nichols quotes the priest as follows:

"I subscribe to the consistent ethic of life that the late Joseph Cardinal Bernardin enunciated some years ago. I believe abortion is wrong. I believe the death penalty is wrong. I believe preemptive war is wrong. I will take seriously the 'pro-life' enthusiasts when they are ready to protest against and denounce the death penalty. I will take them seriously when they also denounce criminally unjust wars."

Reasonable and religious, Greeley serves as an example of how to be both.

1 Comments:

Blogger B-Dawg said...

Thanks! http://www.fotolog.net/bdawg

June 3, 2004 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home