9.22.2004

SWAGGART'S PERVERSIONS

Jimmy Swaggart, the so-called Christian evangelist and prostitute patronizer, offered a weakly worded apology for his remark about "killing" a gay man.

"I'm trying to find the correct name for it ... this utter absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men. ... I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain; if one ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died."

Swaggart's comments elicited "laughter and applause from the congregation," writes AP.

"Yes, nothing like the Taliban at all," writes Olliver Willis in his blog, which also posts video of the Nazi-worthy speech.

AP writes:

"It's a humorous statement that doesn't mean anything. You can't lie to God — it's ridiculous," Swaggart told The Associated Press. "If it's an insult, I certainly didn't think it was, but if they are offended, then I certainly offer an apology."

Makes you wonder: Who would Jesus kill?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home