9.30.2004

HARSH WORDS

A new series of TV ads by RealVoices.org depicts families of fallen U.S. soldiers challenging Bush and his misleading ways.

Salon.com writes:

Each one of the spots is bitter and searing. In one, Raphael Zappala, whose 30-year-old brother was killed in Baghdad while searching a warehouse for weapons of mass destruction, says, "My brother died trying to make an honest man out of George W. Bush, needlessly. He was betrayed by the lies of his commander in chief. And the troops still in Iraq are being betrayed."

The piece quotes Cindy Sheehan, a 47-year-old woman from Vacaville, Calif., whose 24-year-old son was killed in Sadr City in April. Sheehan has been assaulted by the "right-wing patriotism police" for her outspoken opposition to Bush and the ideological and profitable war.

"I have had people tell me that what I'm doing is supporting terrorists and that my son would be ashamed of me," she says. "I was on a radio call-in show on Sunday morning, and I had a lot of people call me a traitor." ...

Speaking about those who want her to shut up, Sheehan says, "I think those people are traitors, because my son and millions of brave Americans before him have died for my right to speak out against the government."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home