11.11.2003

Billionaire George Soros and a partner have pledged $5 million to a MoveOn.org campaign to help defeat Bush.

Soros's Deep Pockets vs. Bush (washingtonpost.com): "'America, under Bush, is a danger to the world,' Soros said. Then he smiled: 'And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.'
Soros believes that a 'supremacist ideology' guides this White House. He hears echoes in its rhetoric of his childhood in occupied Hungary. 'When I hear Bush say, 'You're either with us or against us,' it reminds me of the Germans.' It conjures up memories, he said, of Nazi slogans on the walls, Der Feind Hort mit ('The enemy is listening'). 'My experiences under Nazi and Soviet rule have sensitized me,' he said in a soft Hungarian accent. "

Someone give that man a Nobel Peace Prize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home